R&D, health policy and the imminent needs of cancer patients do not stop with the pandemic. Powerful patient advocacy, patient engagement and patient input are more important than ever. CLLAN is currently implementing a series of digital workgroups that shall function as a digital alternative/accompaniment to the traditional CLL Horizons in-person capacity building model, providing topical CLL sessions as webinars rather than in an in-person CLL Horizons 2020.
The first workshop will be on “Developing collaboration between patient groups and clinical groups – working together to improve patient outcomes” and will take place on 30 September 2020 from 18:00 to 19:45 CET / 17:00 to 18:45 BST, as part of our Blood Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) initiatives.
The panellists of this first webinar are:
- Pierre Aumont (SILLC, France)
- Felice Bombaci (AIL, Italy)
- Nick York (Leukaemia Care, UK)
- Prof. Christopher Fegan (Director – School of Medicine – Cardiff University, UK)
- Dr. Renata Walewska (Haematologist – Royal Bournemouth Hospital; chair of the UK CLL Forum, UK)
The meeting will be hosted & moderated by CLLAN Steering Committee member Dr. Brian Koffman (CLL Society, USA).
Further digital workshops will come as a continuation of CLL Horizons 2019 workshop sessions. Details will be announced as they become available.